It was my first year being the school's Peer Support Leader. I was filled with ego and always had high esteem. wearing the golden badge above my left pocket, walking around the school or outside of my school campus was always a great pleasure. I had never broken any school rule except once, when i had my shirt pulled out due to one incident which took place in a public bus on my way to school.
That very day, I dressed smartly, as usual, but the buses were all packed like tins of sardine fish, I managed to board on to " one sardine tin" after a long wait of fifteen minutes. The bus was packed with my schoolmates and students from other schools, thus making me felt uneasy. It was about four bus stops away from school when an Indian boy from my school, wearing the lower secondary uniform, curly hair, huge eyes and a pair of blur framed glasses tugged in his left pocket puked on the floor. As fast as lightning flash, everyone moved away, not wanting to see the disgusting fluid exiting from his mouth. Probably, I was the only silly one who stood near him. I helped him up and gave him a piece of tissue paper to wipe off the remaining substance on his mouth. Soon, people in the bus started to show concern to this young man that i was holding on to.
The bus captain halted, ad checked if he was okay, or at least figure out how he will remove the vommit for the benefit of his passengers. Just as the bus captain was returning to the wheel,the boy passed out. More commuters became busybodies, wondering what was happening. An old granny was nice enough to offer him medicated oil. Approahing the school, I asked two chinese secondary one boys to help carry the indian boy's belongings. The Indian boy who woke up from his unconciousness told me that his name was Jack, I cradled Jack who was semi-concious, from the bus stop into the school campus and into the General Office.
I felt really good, I did not abandon Jack, a fellow Patrician in the bus. A week later, the vice pricipal had the two chinese boys and I on the podium. He affirmed us in front of the whole school. I will remember that moment when he gave me a letter to notify my parents about my good deed.
406 words.
true story, which a friend of mine ask me if she could read it, so yep its up here.
marked by mr michael fredrick(freddrick) 25/30.
remain humble dom. later mark say you
anw today have been a crap day.waste time abit here and there (: cheers